Thursday, February 2, 2012

Welcome to the Occupation

Hola, nerditos! Welcome to the new Interwebs home of Completely Conspicuous. For the past five-plus years, the podcast's host has been Mevio, but things are getting pretty crazy over there. Hundreds of podcasts were "suspended" over the last week as the company refocused its energies towards video content.

This shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone who knows the company, because that's been its focus for the last two or three years. The shocking part was that it happened suddenly without notice. My show was unaffected by this change, but it's only a matter of time before CompCon gets kicked to the curb. So I decided to relocate my feed on my own and the first step was to give it a dedicated location. Next step is to start uploading shows to Archive.org, which is free and open source, and where other podcasters that I respect have already moved their shows. No sense in being beholden to the whims of a hosting company. It's not like I was making a ton of dough from the affiliation, anyhow. It was really the free hosting that kept me around.

Apparently it's not too difficult to switch my feed at iTunes, so I'll be doing that as well. Going forward, you should see too many changes to the show other than the lack of me reading sponsor copy. Unless, of course, I can find a sponsor or two...preferably a craft brewery.

I've imported all the CompCon posts from my regular blog to this location as well, and I'll keep posting them there for each episode, too. Thanks for sticking with me through this move.

No comments:

Post a Comment