The show notes...
- Dig the live studio audience: Ric, Karen, Amy and Chloe
- Baby Breitling rocks
- U.S. military used music to torture prisoners at Gitmo
- Also used rock against Noriega, Branch Davidians
- Let's dwell on the negative
- Pizza arrives
- Kumar: CSN's "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" tormented hungover party guests
- Breitling: Ramones tape stuck in cassette deck tortured his family
- Kumar: Matthew Wilder's "Break My Stride" evokes painful memories
- Follow-up singles from one-hit wonders popped up on MTV in the '80s
- Breitling: Aqua's "Barbie Girl" is the worst of the worst
- Kumar: The unholy trio of Bryan Adams/Rod Stewart/Sting with "All for Love" was brutal
- Breitling defends the honor of Bryan Adams
- Milli Vanilli attempted many comebacks after lip sync disgrace
- Celebutantes make albums: Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton
- Breitling actually listened to this dreck in the name of research
- Mariah Carey's Glitter soundtrack ruined songs by Robert Palmer, Foreigner
- Kumar: Mariah is vocal equivalent of wank metal guitar
- Spencer Pratt = tool
- Kumar: 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up?" is truly horrible
- Dance mixes make bad songs even worse
- Bonehead of the Week
- Teenage Fanclub - Baby Lee
- Bettie Serveert - Deny All
- The Whigs - Kill Me, Carolyne
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The show is sponsored by Eastbay/Footlocker.com, a leading supplier of athletic footwear, apparel and sports equipment. You can find gear from top brands such as Nike, Adidas and Asics. The promo code AFCOMP15 gets you 15% off any order at Eastbay.com; AFCOMP20 gets you 20% off any order of $75 or more at Eastbay.com; and AFCOMPFL gets you 15% off any order at Footlocker.com.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbell. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.