The show notes...
- At Puerto Vallarta airport, had to fight through timeshare sharks
- Taxi ride to the resort was insane
- Anything goes with Mexican motorists
- Reminded me of chaotic traffic in India
- Took a while to get used to pesos (12 pesos = $1)
- Disconnected from the Web for most of the week
- Visited Internet cafe to check email occasionally
- Strange TV package at resort
- Spent most of the week at the pool or beach
- Didn't venture off resort much
- Careful not to drink anything but bottled water
- Got sunburned last few days
- Mostly families at resort, but there were occasional drunk frat boys or horny couples
- Drank Mexican beer (Pacifico, Corona, Dos Equis, Tecate)
- Boarding for return flight was bizarre experience
- Sbarro's at PV airport charges $7 per slice
- They really push the duty free goods
- Bonehead of the Week
Pearl Jam - Amongst the Waves (live)
The Hush Now - The Other Ones
Marnie Stern - For Ash
PO PO - Bummer Summer
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The show is sponsored by Eastbay/Footlocker.com, a leading supplier of athletic gear. Use promo code AFCOMP15 to get 15% off any order at Eastbay.com, AFCOMP20 to get 20% off any order of $75 or more at Eastbay.com, and AFCOMPFL to get 15% off any order at Footlocker.com.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbell. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.