The show notes...
- Dube praises the CompCon movie recap episodes
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt will continue to do good work
- Dube wants you to see 500 Days of Summer...to understand why he hates it
- "Annie Hall for dumb kids"
- Annoying Hollywood trend: Self-conscious namedropping of "cool bands"
- Talking Avatar...which neither of us has seen
- Ric loves his Kindle
- Prediction: Touchscreen technology may turn actual desktops into computers, creating virtual clutter
- Ric's moneymaking idea: Halloween costume generator
- Female version makes every costume slutty (E.g., slutty trash collector)
- Tailor made for an iPhone app
- The adventures of intern Gabe
- Ric: The TSA is comprised of power-mad mall cops
- Product idea: Terror alert level M&Ms
- Eat your way to comfort level
- Bonehead of the Week
- Drive-By Truckers - This F*cking Job
- Shearwater - Black Eyes
- The Smashing Pumpkins - Widow Wake My Mind
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The show is sponsored by Eastbay/Footlocker.com, a leading supplier of athletic footwear, apparel and sports equipment. The promo code AFCOMP15 will get you 15% off any order at Eastbay, AFCOMP20 will get you 20% off any order of $75 or more at Eastbay and AFCOMPFL will get you 15% off any order at Footlocker.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbelll. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography here.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.